TRAINING PROVIDER FOR CIVILS, SALVAGE AND OFFSHORE OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY
Line 1: +27 (0) 22 714 0222
+27 (0) 22 714 0333
Line 3: +22 (0) 22 714 1226
Mobile: +27(0) 76 097 2523
Fax : +27 (0)86 583 6646
Location: 21-23 Main Road - Saldanha Bay - South Africa
At SEADOG, we are committed to providing quality, progressive education using outcome-based skills training and the development of individuals.
We support student-centered learning to ensure that individuals trained at SEADOG demonstrate competency through a combination of knowledge, understanding and skills that produce optimal performance and safe working practices within the global civil works and offshore, oil and gas industries.
SEADOG is located in Saldanha Bay, approximately 120km from Cape Town, on the West Coast of South Africa.
The closest airport is Cape Town International.
The Port of Saldanha is the deepest and largest natural port in the Southern Hemisphere. It is ideally located to hold a dominant position in the growth of the oil and gas industry.
All diving operations are carried out from the private jetty at SEADOG. The quiet waters within the bay are ideal before the trainees are exposed to the rigors of diving in the open ocean on one of SEADOG's dedicated diving vessels.
Why Train at SEADOG Commercial Diving School?
SEADOG's unique location provides the trainee with realistic conditions, as we strive to stay away from easier benign water and quarry diving, this ensures optimal waterman ship, seamanship and diver training.
1. All diving operations are carried out from SEADOG's private jetty
2. All diver training is SEA GOING on one of the dedicated diving vessels
3. SEAGOING training improves the requirement of Seamanship and basic rigging
4. SEADOG's Staff compliment ensures consistant assessment and moderation during the 3 phase progression of training.
5. Incorporates a DOL recognised First aid training centre (Levels 1-3)- C-DOC
6. Incorporates IMCA approved Diver Medic Training and Supervisor Training facility - C-DOC
7. Incorporates Dive Technician and Kirby Morgan Hat Technician training centre
8. Provision of meet and great at Cape Town International
9. Provision of onsite accommodation and catering
SEADOG is a training centre designed to enhance the ability of our clients to achieve improved quality of life in a sustainable way through delivering quality accredited skills programs.
SEADOG offers an affordable 12 week trade in commercial diving and provides the graduate with immediately useful skills to enter the civil works industry with the progression to the possibilities of a lucrative job in offshore, oil and gas.
Applicants may consider a career in commercial diving as a less costly alternative to attending university or college.
DOL Commercial Diver Training courses
Commercial Diving graduates can follow further career opportunities in the following areas:
First Aid Training (DOL Registration No. 6I626)
South African Marine Training (SAMSA)
2. First Aid at Sea (STCW-95 code A-VI/4-2) Duration: 5 Days
3. Ship's Captain Medical(STCW-95 code A-VI/4-2) Duration: 5 Days
1. Department of Labour Registration - Commercial Diver Training (DOL Registration No CS04)
2. IMCA recognition of South African DoL - Class II training reference IMCA D05/10
3. IMCA DIVER MEDIC and TRAINEE AIR DIVING SUPERVISOR Training Establishment
FOLLOW THIS LINK: IMCA Approved Training Providers - Diver Medic - C-DOC
4. IMCA Trainee Air Diving Supervisor Training
5. IMCA MEMBER - Training Establishment
FOLLOW THIS LINK TO VERIFY SEADOG AS IMCA MEMBERS: IMCA Members Directory - Training establishments
6. South African Oil and Gas Association - SAOGA - member
Link Certificate - SAOGA
South Africa is the most developed economy in sub-Saharan African and has a long history of excellence in many sectors such as mining and resource extraction and maritime services and fabrication. South African companies are also well-versed in the business of operating in the challenging African environment. In recent decades the initial development of South Africa's oil and gas resources and the rapid growth of upstream opportunities in West Africa has underpinned the extension of this established capability into the upstream markets and there is now a significant upstream supplier base in South Africa - SAOGA has about 170 member companies and we are aware of many more. Local supplier capacity is complemented by the presence of many of the world's leading service companies who supply both the domestic and regional upmarkets from South African bases.